Exercise Equipment for Elderly
How Can Theracycle Exercise Equipment for Seniors at Home Invigorate Senior Fitness Goals?
Limited mobility and motor control come with the territory as we age, but you don’t have to let these factors influence your senior fitness routine. The Theracycle is a semi-recumbent exercise bike for seniors and the best home exercise equipment for seniors and elderly because you can stay healthy, increase your energy and even reduce leg and joint stiffness. Our quiet elderly exercise equipment features a unique Smart Motor that aids your leg movement as you ease through your daily senior exercise routine. The one-of-a-kind motorized technology, stable construction, and secure frame of our unique exercise equipment for seniors at home ensure that you feel safe and supported as you finish your at-home full-body workout with confidence.
Users of Theracycle Elderly Exercise Equipment Find They Experience Improved Health Including:
- Reduced leg stiffness
- Reduced fatigue
- Loss of weight
- Increased energy
- Improved mobility
- Improved motor control
Theracycle and Senior Neurological Conditions
Seniors and elderly often face and suffer from neurological disorders that arise as they grow older. Alongside the natural progression and visible signs of aging, the brain and central nervous system also undergo the aging process. This partially explains why adults after the age of 65 are more likely to suffer from a neurological disorder or condition.
Common Elderly and Senior Neurological Disorders Include:
- Neuropathy – a nerve disorder characterized by symptoms such as numbness and weakness
- Parkinson’s Disease – a progressive nervous system disorder that affects movement
- Myopathy – a muscle disorder characterized by weakness in the muscles
- Lou Gehrig’s Disease – a progressive disease resulting in deterioration of the body’s muscle functioning
- Stroke – a life-threatening event that occurs when the supply of blood to the brain is interrupted or when a blood vessel bursts in the brain
- Muscular Dystrophy – a collection or group of progressive disorders in the muscles that start with weakened muscles near the body’s trunk and eventually progress to more severe muscle deterioration and contraction
- Cerebral Palsy – a non-degenerative collection or group of disorders affecting the brain and body’s nervous system
- Arthritis – the inflammation of a joint. When joints are inflamed they can develop stiffness, warmth, swelling, redness and pain
Seniors and Slip and Fall Injuries
Seniors and elderly are also at higher risk for slip and fall injuries. Seniors who experience weakened muscle strength, poor posture control, who become far less active, have slower reaction time, impaired or poor vision, medication side effects, or who have chronic and severe health conditions are at greater risk for a slip and fall injury.
In fact, slip and fall accidents are the fifth-leading cause of death among the elderly—40% of fatal injuries for people 65 and older can be traced back to a slip and fall accident. That increase means that, from 2000-2016, the number of deaths among the elderly from falls has tripled. According to research published in the Journal of the American Medical Assocaiation, for U.S. adults aged 75 and older, the death rate from falls and fall-related injuries like hip fractures more than doubled over that same time period, from 52 per 100,000 people in 2000 to 122 per 100,000 in 2016.
As researchers and health workers have become more aware of the problem that falls pose to the long-term health of elderly individuals, a follow-up clinical study found that older adults who used an in-home exercise training program focused on increased strength and improved balance had a significantly reduced rate of subsequent falls. Theracycle home exercise equipment for seniors improves strength, mobility, and balance, which makes it effective fitness equipment for greatly reducing the chances of a slip and fall accident
Theracycle is the Best Home Exercise Equipment for Seniors and Elderly
Theracycle exercise equipment for the elderly can help to improve motor control, mobility, strength and health, minimize your chances of a fall or neurological disorder, slow the progression of a disorder and alleviate the symptoms of a neurological condition. A Theracycle is the best home exercise equipment for seniors who desire improved health and mobility, alleviation of neurological symptoms and a better quality of life.
Doctors, physical therapists, and researchers continue to uncover the amazing benefits of exercise equipment for elderly and users of all ages.