This following is a list of Parkinson’s related resources and educational links.
- Parkinson’s Disease Symptoms
Learn how the Theracycle can help complement your current Parkinson’s disease treatments …
- UPDRS Scale
The Unified Parkinson Disease Rating Scale is one of the bases of treatment and research used in PD clinics …
- PD Stages
Originally published in 1967 in the journal Neurology, the Hoehn & Yahr scale details the natural progression of Parkinson’s …
Hear from experts on the latest PD topics, including: treatments, therapies, exercise, nutrition, research and studies, and more! …
- Parkinson’s Foundation – Substantial Matters: Life and Science of Parkinson’s
Listen to Substantial Matters episodes »
- Davis Phinney Foundation – The Parkinson’s Podcast
Listen to The Parkinson’s Podcast episodes »
- Michael J. Fox Foundation – FoxFeed Blog
Listen to FoxFeed episodes »
- Upbeat-Parkinsons-Talk-Radio – Shifting the Parkinson’s Disease Mindset
Listen to Shifting the Parkinson’s Disease Mindset episodes »
- American Parkinson Disease Association (APDA)
Listen to APDA Podcast episodes »
- Davis Phinney Foundation
- National Parkinson Foundation
- Michael J. Fox Foundation
- Brian Grant Foundation
- American Parkinson Disease Association
- Parkinson’s Disease Caregiver
- Parkinson Research Foundation
Helpful Websites and Blog Posts
- 10 Parkinson’s Disease Blogs to Help You Stay Fit and Positive
- ACLS Suspected Stroke Algorithm
- CBD Oil for Parkinson’s Disease
Current research is finding that CBD oil can potentially help in the treatment of PD.
- Fall Prevention
Falls are the most common cause of fatal injuries and the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries. Every year, one in four Americans over the age of 65 experiences some kind of fall. It is said that one older adult dies every 19 minutes from a fall.
- Find Dementia & Alzheimer’s Facilities Near You
Memory care facilities are care homes that provide the much-needed care to adults with memory care issues.
- Hormel Health Labs – Thick & Easy® Microwave Meals
Swallowing difficulties can be a big issue for people with Parkinson’s. Hormel Health Labs offer prepared meals that can be microwaved as a solution.