How the Theracycle Helps Improve the lives of individuals with PD
A research study at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio proved that individuals with Parkinson’s disease who followed a forced-exercise regimen showed a significant reduction in their PD symptoms.
Forced exercise is an exercise/therapy where people with Parkinson’s exercise at a rate and duration greater than what they can do on their own. The Theracycle’s motor allows people with Parkinson’s to follow the very same forced-exercise regimen as in the Cleveland Clinic study.
Benefits of forced exercise include the following:
- Improved gait and balance
- Reduced falls
- Increased flexibility and posture
- Improved endurance
- Reduced freezing of gait
- Improved working memory and decision making
- Improved attention and concentration
- Reduced depression and anxiety
- Improved quality of sleep